Anne Lister, 20th April, 1824

“Writing my journal always does me good - now that I have done it, I have got it off my mind - my troubles seem gone - buried in the paper....”

lunes, 20 de febrero de 2012

Spending my time...

Dear James,

In reply to your letter of last Friday, I want to tell you some information about me.

My name is Bea, I was born in the north of Spain, in a small city called Lugo. I have been living in Madrid for three years.

I also want to tell you about my current life in Madrid, I have been a very lucky person since I arrived to Madrid.

Three years ago, I arrived to Madrid without job and friends but now I have a good job like an Economist in the biggest company in Spain and I have met a lot of friends and new interesting and different people.

Now, I ´m very happy but I think in the future I will need to live in a foreign country, maybe UK, London, if it’s possible, because I like a lot the big cities like Madrid and the new experiences. Now, in my company, the human resources department is looking for people who want to live and work in London but it is too soon for me. In the future, maybe I will be prepared to apply one of these jobs.

Now, I am learning English at School Language, when I went to School Language at the first time, I wanted to pass the FCE in June or December but now the FCE is not the most important thing for me. Now, I think it’s more important for me to speak English, more and more fluency day by day.

In your letter, you write about your brother, I, also, have one brother, like you, he lives in Lugo, and he has no interested to live in nowhere out of the city. Normally, when I come back to the city, he asks me if I don’t want to return to the city. I always answer him a big NO. He can’t understand why I want to live in a big and hard city like Madrid.

We are very different because he enjoys a lot travelling, he works like a driver and he drives his van through the country but he doesn’t enjoy living out of the city. Although I hate travelling but I like living out of Lugo.

In addition, I have a sister who lives in Lugo too. She is similar my brother. Both of them likes our small, quiet and boring city where never happens anything and where everybody knows all about everybody.

Sorry, I have to let you because I have to go to School language.

I hope to hear from you shortly.

Kind Regards.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario