Anne Lister, 20th April, 1824

“Writing my journal always does me good - now that I have done it, I have got it off my mind - my troubles seem gone - buried in the paper....”

martes, 28 de febrero de 2012

the second...

Last year I discovered a new hobby that now, actually, It is consuming most of my free time

Now, my most enjoyable hobby is watching TV Series on the Internet. I watch some TV Series in English with subtitles. Every weekend I spend three hours of my free time watching “Private Practice”, “Grey’s Anatomy” and “Lost Girl”.

I like to hear the characters speaking English because most of the time I can understand them without subtitles.

Of course, I prefer actors and actress who speak slowly and using short phrases. Normally, I can understand them easily but when the actor or actress speak quickly. I get lost easily too.

Sometime I can’t find the episodes with subtitles and I try watching the episodes without subtitles. It’s very exciting when I can understand the general meaning of the dialogues between the characters.

I think this is a good way to improving my English, It’s fun and It’s not a sacrifice.

Now, I’m looking for a new TV series or show that can be interesting for me because I think that three hours per week is not enough.

Day by day, I can understand more dialogues and more long speeches.

For me, It’s satisfying and makes me to be more motivated about learn more and more English

Also, sometimes I surprise myself saying some expressions, which I had heard in the TV Series, like “what the hell” or “Are you kidding me?”. Actually, these are the most polite expressions that I have learned. I have good memory for the worst impolite expressions.

At this point, I think watching TV Series can be the easiest, funniest and cheapest way to improve my English and to have a real idea about my level.

As you can see now my focus is on that point.

1 comentario:

  1. I do the same. By the way, do you watch them with English or Spanish subtitles?

    ResponderEliminar